About two weeks ago I attempted to post an entry on my blog. It would show up in my log history on Github, would show up in dropbox where I store my posts, but wouldn’t be visible on the site. I wasn’t receiving any error messages from Github; I also wasn’t receiving any messages regarding a successful page build.

Robey thought it might be that the site was unable to post it, due to the fact that it was rendering every single one of my 200+ blog entries on the main page. That was a problem I’d been meaning to fix for a while, but hadn’t gotten around to it because I knew it meant diving into aspects of jekyll I still was unfamiliar with. Looks like it caught up with me.

Last night Robey and I went through the jekyll documentation and inserted in the necessary code to make pagination. For those who don’t know, pagination is the process of dividing (content) into discrete pages, either electronic pages or printed pages(see wikipedia for more info).

Now my main page only renders 10 blog posts per page, and at the bottom of the page there are Previous and Next buttons. This is super awesome, it’s really hard to explain how happy it made me to finally get this added to my blog. Not to mention I was feeling wretched at not being able to post, considering I had already written several entries.

And without meaning to I found the limit of posts per page for jekyll via github, being at around 280 posts for my site. I don’t know where the limit came from exactly, but it feels like research somehow. Always feels good to see progress on your blog.